Question
Posted by: Aquilla | 2008/01/30

Sore mouth

I am suffering from a constantly sore tongue and palate and I always have a peppery like taste in my mouth.
I take an Intensive Probiotic daily and even tried taking a course of
Diflucan because I thought that it might be oral thrush.
I have tried cutting out milk thinking that I was perhaps lactose intolerent,I take very little sugar and seldom have bread rather opting for Ryvita but still it persists.
I regularly floss my teeth and even tried changing my toothpaste but to no avail...........

Dear Aquilla
The following conditions could cause your symptoms:
Dry mouth ( xerostomia) due to medication or auto-immune disease like Sjogrens disease
Anxiety and depression
Vitamin deficiencies: iron, zinc, folate (vitamin B-9), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin (vitamin B-2), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and cobalamin (vitamin B-12
Irritating dentures
Nerve damage
Allergies
Acid reflux
ACE inhibitor blood pressure medication
Diabetes and underactive thyroid
Menopause
Acid foods or certain mouth washes

You may need to ask your doctor to do a full medical checkup and see if you have any of these conditions that could cause this.

2
Posted by: liz | 2008/10/06

Im not sure what this could me, please advice me?

Reply to liz
Posted by: Nozy | 2008/07/21

I have a bloated stomach and my fart really smells terrible. My mouth is constantly dry no matter how much water I drink. My stomach has not been regular for the past three weeks and I hae mild headaches to go with this. The funny thing is that I do feel hungry and eat normally.

Last week I went to the doctor(GP) but he could not say what was wrong? What could this be?

Reply to Nozy