Question
Posted by: mem | 2006/11/14

Sore left shoulder

Hi Dr, I have a very sore left shoulder, it is in the joint, and only hur
ts when I have to move it sideways. Even at the gym I am unable to reach up high with that arm for the overhead machine, it hurts to much. The pain goes down my arm and my hand feels weird. It even hurts in water aerobics. What can it be. I had a neck fusion c4/5 in 2003. Now small bulge shows c3/4 and narrowing of formima c5/6.
Mem

Dear Mem
This could be caused either by the pressure on the nerve in the hole ( foramina) between c5 and c6 but it could also be due to rotator cuff syndrome - an inflammatory problem in the shoulder joint it self - your doctor will be able to differentiate with an examination.