Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/06/13

Sore Hips & Cramps in left calf

Hi There,

I starting jogging on the road and treadmill three times a week.
I do lunges and swats once a week. Lately I have been experiencing very sore hips and cramps in the left calf. I can't even lie on my side when I sleep as it feels very uncomfortable.
I need to sleep on my tummy.
To be honest I am not a runner and don't enjoy it much. I am doing this to be fit and slim.

Your comments please.

Thanks a lot

HI Nikki

It sounds like maybe you have picked up an injury, possibly from doing some sort of training that your body was not used to? Perhaps it's the result of those lunges and squats.

But more important, this injury is coming from a form of training that you do not really enjoy anyway, and that's not a good sign for long term weight loss. It's important that you enjoy doing the training that you choose to do, because it's going to take months to see the results. That is impossible to stick to unless you really enjoy it. So I think that you need to look into other forms of exercise. Or otherwise, you need to think about getting some friends to run with you - that may make the difference to your training because you'll have company. But if it's not enjoyable, then you need to change it. perhaps joining a gym is the way to go - you can join a class like taebo or aerobics or something instead? Else cycling or swimming? All these are option that I would consider.

1
Posted by: Norr | 2007/06/13

you do stretching before you jog ot exercize? Could be from to much working out per day.

Reply to Norr