Question
Posted by: Painful | 2006/10/30

Sore heel

I recently started with Walk/Run for life and I was advised what shoes to wear etc. I started having severe pain in my left heel and sometimes it is so sore that I cannot walk on it. What would cause this? I have also been experiencing lower back pain that seems to be worse at night. I sometimes battle to turn over in bed because my back is in a sort of a spasm. Also, when I get up after sitting for a while (in front of the TV etc) I experience severe joint pains in my legs and it takes a while for me to "straighten" out. Lots of aches and pains - please help!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You need to see a chiropractor - a thorough physical examination is necessary to determine the cause of your low back problem. Your pain in the heel could be caused by a "spur" formation - or may be related to the manner in which you are placing your foot during the walk/run exercise - which in turn could be attributed to a problem in the sacro-iliac or lumbar spine.