Posted by: Lhoza | 2009/03/13

sore bumps on pubic area

in the past 5 or 4 years I have developed a condition where there is an out break of lumps that are so sore and filled with puss in my pubic area. They come and go and its really bothering me. I' ve had pap smears and the results come back clean. lately i get something like ring worms on the outer part of the lips of the vagina and they itch a lot.I would say I have this when ovulating, which is also an unpleasant experience because I get bloated and have a lot of gas and I cant walk, and feel like sleeping on my tummy and bend forward to ease the pain. This happens every month at least two weeks before my period, every month its a different side of the abdomen.
this is really bothering me and I need to know what I can do especially with the lumps on my pubic area, they make it look bad and ugly.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If the lumps are in the hairy area, they are probably infected hair follicles. These are commoner if you shave the area There are exfoliating creams which you can use to try to prevent ingrown hairs. The red itchiness could be thrush. Canesten usually helps for this.
The bloating you describe is typical of hormonal changes in the cycle. The Pill often relieves these.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kristine | 2009/03/13

I' d go see a dokter asap - doesn' t sound normal to me

Reply to Kristine

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.