Question
Posted by: ricona | 2007/05/09

sore breasts

Hi Doc, pls can you help....

I have been experiencing alot of pain and sensitivity in both my breasts and they are sometimes very itchy as well mostly around the nipples, there is no discharge. it happens mostly around the time of my period,

Pls advise accordingly, should i see a doctor????

I am really worried as my grandmother had breast cancer some years ago.......

Kind regards,
Ricona

Dear Ricona
This may be normal around the time of your period, but with breastcancer history in the family, you need to do self examination every month after your period and let the gyne check once a year.
See http://cms.komen.org/komen/AboutBreastCancer/EarlyDetectionScreening/BreastSelf-Exam/index.htm?ssSourceNodeId=313&ssSourceSiteId=Komen/