Question
Posted by: Can81 | 2007/04/02

Sore Breasts

I stopped using the pill in January, my husband and I are trying for a baby and to date no luck!
My breasts are really sore, they feel harder in parts, and sensitive. I took a pregnancy test the other day, and it was negative, but am not due to start my period until 5 April (if my cycle was 28 days, I have no idea what it is), so could it have been that I have done the pregnancy test too early, or could something else be the cause!

Stopping the Pill can cause breast tenderness. It could also be premenstual.

2
Posted by: Can81 | 2007/04/02

Thanks for your reply.
Its difficult because they have been sore for the past week or so, I also don't know when my period is due, i've only had 1 period since I came off the pill, and that was at 42 days. The doctor did blood tests & said everything was in order/functioning properly.
So I can't even tell how long my cycle is supposed to be.
How long do I wait until doing a test, After 30/35/40 days! This is all so confusing, and somewhat disappointing. All my friends got pregnant after a month!

Reply to Can81
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/02

Its difficult to tell because pregnancy symptoms and pre period symptoms are similiar. You would need to wait till the first day of your missed period to get a result on a home test - and even then, if your hormone count is not very high, it could say negative when it is positive, so if you can wait and do miss your period, give it 2 or 3 days after the missed period to test again.

Reply to Lou