Question
Posted by: bella | 2005/12/08

sore breasts

Dear Doc
I am a 47 year old female and I have been on Everol 25 a hormone patch for about 18 months. I had been on Everol 50 but my breasts were sore and heavy so the doctor lowered the dosage to 25. For the last two months my breasts have been extremely tender and every now and again I have a warm feeling in the one, it feels like my milk comimg in but there is no milk. My doctor told me that I am half way through menopause. Also every now and again I have sharp pains in my overy area. He said that it can't be my overies because they don't work anymore. What do you think I should do about my sore breasts? And do you think I should consult a gynie?

You could try Evening Primrose oil for the tender breasts. It is always a good idea to have a gynae check-up every 1-2 years.