Question
Posted by: Joe | 2007/12/19

Sore Bones

I have a nagging pain on the right part of the neck. Secondly, I have a pain on the right arm, betwen my elbow and shoulder. I cannot make a circle with right hand, nor pour water into a cup without discomfort. During the day the discomfort is not so noticeable. At night, which ever way I sleep, my arm pains. Kindly advise me what course of action I should take. Will calcium intake sought the problem out. It is worrying me since October. I avoid taking pain killers. I am 52 years old. (I do take 5mg prednisone daily for asthma. Please help me. Thanks

Dear Joe
You may have an inflammation in the group of shoulder muscles around the shoulder joint. This is called rotator cuff syndrome. Treatment for this is physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory medication, or a cortisone injection. Please let your GP have a look?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Moonfish | 2008/06/24

I get pains in my upper arms and cannot lift or use my arms. I also had a cushion type swelling on both my hands, and my fingers were paining, and i could not make a fist.
Please advise what this is.
Thanx

Reply to Moonfish