Posted by: naked nun | 2008/08/04

sore at side of mouth

Dear dr -
The one side of my mouth keeps on getting a sore...sorry this is kind of difficult to describe - it' s in the corner where my upper and lower lips meet - there' s a...well, crack, and it' s not healing. I do apply bactroban, but it' s not helping. I know the best healing for this would be for me to stop purging my meals as this is probably causing it (?) but short of that, what steps should I take? It' s VERY unsightly and uncomfortable. (oh yes, why does this always seem to happen during the winter? summer times I don' t have this problem, although the bulimia is active all through the year)
naked nun

Dear Naked nun
This can happen because you are developing vitamin or nutritional deficiencies. Try taking vit B complex supplements and PLEASE get help for the bulimia - on the long term you are really damaging your teeth,your kidneys and you lose a lot of essential minerals everytime you vomit. There are medications that will help you!
A psychiatrist would be the right specialist to see.