Question
Posted by: Charles | 2007/02/26

Sore ankle

Dear Doc, I hope you can answer this question: About two years ago I found that when I drove my car and got out and stepped on my left ankle - it gave a jolt of pain and kinda gave way. Gradually since then I learned to first test it when I get out of a car - to see if it is fine before I step on it. Now it is much worse. It is still kind of fine and no-one else notices anything, but when I get up in the mornings now every time I have to do the same - first walk about gently to see till it gets fine. I have always been very fit and jogged most of my life. I have also been a paratrooper. I also used to go dance al lot when I night clubbed. I am a very healthy 40year old - am literally confused for at least ten years or more younger. I hope this can be healed - what do you think?

Expert ImageArchive

The first thig that comes to mind is arthritis in the ankle joint. I Think that you need to see someone with a particular interest in the foot, either a Podiatrist or an orthopod, take it from there