Question
Posted by: CK | 2007/02/22

Sore ankle

Hi Doc,

Last year I 'twisted' my ankle twice in one month and it was badly bruised, etc. Just a couple of months before that I had gone over the same ankle...this obviously is a recurring pattern for me! :) I've never had my ankles checked out after these occurances but recently every now and then I get ankle pains...could there be tissue damage or something like that? I want to make sure I look after my ankles so they don't get really bad as I get older (I"m 25) but I wouldn't know if it's just pains and not all related?

If it needs to get cheked out, could you recommend a good foot doctor for the Cape Town area?
Thanks!

Expert ImageArchive

YOu need to do two things
First you need to go to a good sports physio, and make sure that you are correctly rehabilitated after the ankle sprains, place a high importance to propioception of the ankle as this is what you lost after the first sprain and you need to relearn so you dont do this a third time.
Second get an assessment of your foot biomechanics from a podiatrist as this is often a reason for recurrent ankle sprains

Call The SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 for a Podiatrist and ask that podiatrist to refer you to a physio

1
Posted by: shirely | 2007/03/12

two months sore feet.specially ankle.did not hurt them cannot walk. i walk in pain

Reply to shirely