Question
Posted by: Pippa | 2008/05/28

Sore and stiff neck

Dear Pharmacist and anyone that can help.

My husband is in agony at the moment. He has been complaining of a stiff neck and aching shoulder muscles since Saturday. We went away for the weekend and the bed we slept on was not the most comfortable. I thought that it might get better once we are back at home, but it has been 2 nights now of sleeping on our own bed and he seems to be in a lot of discomfort still. It is at the point now where he cannot turn his head in either direction. He can look up and down, but not to the sides. He has a slight cold and coughing seems to hurt very much also.

I just wanted to know what he can take to bring some relief. Is it only a stiff neck or could it be something that he should have a look at?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Expert ImagePharmacist

If he shows any other symptoms such as sever headaches, fever or even nausea he should see a doctor straight away - In fact, seeing a doctor for a proper evaluation should be the best option. Otherwise you can buy Robaxin (a muscle relaxant) and some Voltaren from your pharmacy for temporary relief

1
Posted by: Pippa | 2008/05/29

Thank you for your advice, I will definitely tell him. Thanx again!

Reply to Pippa