Question
Posted by: Stupid | 2004/10/22

Soooooooo angry

I only see my b/f on weekends - been dating for years and must say no major complaints but it's Friday and he's been driving all day so doesn't feel like coming over (we stay about 20 kg frm each other). I live alone and look forward to seeing him and am so pissed off now although I understand. for three years I packed up and stayed with him weekends as he couldn't stay with me because of my children - now they are out of the house. so we basically see each other from Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Surely for a committed long-term relationship this sucks. I have mentioned in joking way before about having a part time lover etc also mentioned that I was not actually happy but it's a beautiful Friday evening what about a drink at the beach front No he will go shopping (his little routine) and relax at home. Says I'm welcome to go there.??????????????

G'day, Stupid,
Would it really be too awful to join him this evening, help with the shopping ( we all need to do that chore each week ), and help relax together ? And use the opportunity to talk about the ways in which you find this long-distance arrangement frustrating, --- and the ways, surely, in which he must find it similarly inconvenient, and see what plans you can make together ?

3
Posted by: P | 2004/10/24

Kry vir jou iemand wat jou nie gaan afskeep nie, die ou het jou nie regtig nodig in sy lewe nie.

Reply to P
Posted by: G | 2004/10/22

Sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it..why don't arrange to go out with your mates, give him a call half way through the evening and tell him what a fab time you're having and if he wants to join you. If he doesn't tell him his loss and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Reply to G
Posted by: Hey hey | 2004/10/22

Sweetie, I don't know how you do it. It's basically a long-distance relationship. I know, I know, I mean I'm sure you love the guy and love spending time with him, why else would you feel bad if he wasn't there.
I could say try to be understanding, but hell, if it was me this evening, on this fabulous Friday, I would not accept excuses. I would feel damn jilted.
So, tell him you feel this way and see what he says. Maybe he doesn;t realise that you miss him so much. Perhaps he is too tired to realise how much he misses you.
Make a plan to see him, on my part I'd hate for you to be alone - because I'd hate to be alone.
'n boer maak 'n plan - maar 'n englesman het alreeds een...
he he
Good luck girl!!!

Reply to Hey hey