Question
Posted by: NDOLA | 2006/07/18

Sonar

I went for my second sonar yesterday thinking that I will be able to see the sex of the baby. But I unfortunetly the doctoer said there is too much fat around my stomach and is affecting the results of the sonar. Can this be true? My weight is around 135KG at the moment and what worries me is the fact that this is the second doctor that told me that fat has an impact of the results. I am 19 weeks pragnant please advise me!!!!

Please see answer to your previous posting.

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/07/18

If there is a lot of fat around your abdomen, it blurs the visuals of the scan , and the doc cannot see the baby clearly.
Providing your blood tests are clear, you should be fine, although you may be at risk for developing high blood pressure due to carrying too much weight.

Reply to sue