Question
Posted by: NDOLA | 2006/07/18

Sonar

I went for my second sonar yesterday thinking that I will be able to see the sex of the baby. But I unfortunetly the doctoer said there is too much fat around my stomach and is affecting the results of the sonar. Can this be true? My weight is around 135KG at the moment and what worries me is the fact that this is the second doctor that told me that fat has an impact of the results. I am 19 weeks pragnant please advise me!!!!

Your doctors are right. The ultrasound hah to travel through the fat to reach the baby. If you are very overweight, you will not get a good picture.