Question
Posted by: Mel | 2005/07/27

Something wrong with my son's foot

My three year old son's left foot does not look right. Where I would stand on the floor my feet would be straight but his is not. His left foot points to his left and sometimes when he runs, he falls over his own feet. What can I do to fix the problem.

Expert ImageArchive

Three years old is the age when children should go for their first podiatric check up. Your son may have any combination of mechanical problems at any of the following levels, either the foot, lower leg, thigh bone, or hip, or a combination.
Please take him to a podiatrist (call the South African Podiatry assn 0861 100 249) please ask the secretary to refer you to a podiatrist with a paediatric interest. It sounds as if you may need to see a paediatric orthopaedist as well