Question
Posted by: Rainbow | 2004/11/01

Something to think about....

"Since he himself has gone through suffering and temptation, he is able to help us when we are being tempted." Hebrews 2:18

I recall times in my life when I sinned, and I felt too ashamed and unworthy to approach God for forgiveness. "How can He still love me after what I have done?" I would think to myself. "I asked for His forgiveness just a few months ago, and here I am repeating the same sin again! Hasn't He just given up on me?"

Deep in my heart, I knew the answer was no, God never gives up on those who ardently seek His truth and love, but my fleshly mind had a hard time comprehending that God could fully understand man's sufferings, weaknesses and temptations.

Just because God is, well, God, does not mean He does not understand sin.Indeed, it is because He fully understands the effects of sin and how it robs man of his salvation, that He desires us to seek goodness over the corrupting effect of evil.

Not only does God comprehend sin and its stronghold over man, but the Lord also understands and has compassion for our pain and suffering, for He too suffered both emotionally and physically during His time on earth before and during His death on the cross.

Being tempted? Feeling weak? Cry out to the Lord, and He will hear your prayer.

More nourishment --- and I like Shaun's speaker's twist on the expected responses.

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/01

Hi There,

I attended a special meeting at our church this weekend that was dedicated to men only.
At this meeting, the speaker told the congregation; "God never gives us a second chance!"

I was quite surprised at his statement as I thought he was a very good speaker on the word.

The he said, "God gives us a fresh new start!"

Makes very good sense doesn't it. I mean if He always gave us a chance then we'd be kinda always fighting the same battles, but God gives us a fresh new start coz He wants us to leave our past troubles behind & concentrate on a new way forward.
But even here, the choice is always our own...

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun