Question
Posted by: retha | 2006/11/02

something like a pimpel

Please help. I have in my inner lips something like a pimpel. Its red and swollen and in the middel its white but you could not get it out like a pimple and it is sour when someting touches it.

I am in desperate help. I have used antibiotics but no success I have even used antibiotics salf. It is very imbarrasing.

I am 37 years of age with no children. I went to a gyne but all the tests shows that the hormones are normal.

If the pimple is in the inner lips rather than the hairy area then it is unlikely to be an ingrown hair. If antibiotics have not helped, you should see your gynaecologist. It may need drainage.

3
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/03

If it is an ingrown then it's a fact of life, and very common.
If it's causing no pain then you can wait until it subsides on it's own. Otherwise you can see a beautician who will be able to remove it. There's no need to be embarassed as a therapist who does bikini waxes has seen it all before.
See if gynaedoc thinks it might be something else:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Retha | 2006/11/02

No it was only a regular antibiotic which is call Pubac. I have no bought me an ointment which is called xtrax, will that help. How can I avoid it if it is ingrown hair. I shave with conditioner or dove white soap amd a wash again after I have shaved,

Reply to Retha
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/02

Not sure if this helps but it could be an ingrown hair if you wax or shave!

You don't mention what antibiotics you took i.e what they were for like thrush...etc?

Reply to Maya