Question
Posted by: stinky winky | 2004/01/19

something fishy... and miserable

I have for the past three to four years been having the badly fishy smelly discharge. I've been to gynae who at first prescribed a betadine douche which i used and did the trick however shortly after completing the bottle it went back to smelly again- I've also been on some antibiotics- and again back to same ol. I've purchased a medaspoor cream which I inserted thereafter it's back again- The discharge sometimes is very light yellowish however most of the time smooth white and the smell persist. I've read in a home remedy book to try 10ml plain white vinegar and approx 600ml water for douching, that also does not help- I'll feel I could be doing more harm this way- i sometimes experience a slight itch. My husband is not very impressed with the situation. Kindly assist as i'm becoming desperate.

The quickest way to sort this out is to know exactly what the cause of the discharge is. You can do this by asking your doctor to take a swab and send it to the laboratory. Then you will know what you are treating.