Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2010/07/19

Someone driving me nuts - almost suicide

Hi CS,
Friday a week ago I almost succeeded in killing myself and that was not the intent, I have no idea what I was thinking and why I did what I did, but I od and ended up in Denmar. The ladies living and renting from me have caused such havoc, especially one of them, she has spread so many lies that my children are temporary being removed from my care, etc. She stole my ex''s ashes, this is the same as grave robbing, I don''t know what she has done with it, but how can someone do this and think it is okay? My sausage dog and her wired haired terrier mix had puppies together, hers being the female, my daughter wanted to keep one of the puppies, we had arranged it as such, I was only in Denmar for a week, she gave my daughters puppy away, my daughter was away on holiday with her Dad, her heart was completely broken, again, how does a normal human beign do this and sleep properly at night. She also robbed me financially of an amount of money, I trusted them to do things for me and when I was unconscious they helped themselves to over R1000.00 and to all the goodies in my home, finishing the kids sweets and stuff. I don''t know how people can misuse someone who has only been decent to them. I gave them a roof over their head, I knew they were struggling and also believed that when things came right for them they would fix up with me, now I just want them to go away.
They told the doctor''s that I was drinking, binge drinking, which I have not been doing, my kids are too important, the one said''s I bring men home and they touch my daughter, the last man that''s been to my house was my ex and other than his ashes he was there in January last and I watched him like a hawk and my daughter would tell me these things. She said I feed my kids alcohol, she poured my daughter wine, telling her to taste it, she said''s I don''t take care of my kids, but when I want to do things with them, she has a fit, she tried and probably succeeded in running my household, making me feel like a bad mother and she has now turned everything against me. I don''t understand that when I am being good to people that they can do this to me. What on earth is wrong with me that people go out to destroy me, I just don''t get it.
I know takiing an overdose of tablets is not a good thing, and I cannot understand why I did it, it doesn''t make sense, I was doing okay. I have been trying to figure out what the trigger was and why I did it and I cannot for the life of me phathom why it happened. I was picked up by an ambulance and taken to Denmar in an ambulance, and I must tell you I never thought I would end up doing something like this again, I thought I had put it all behind me.
Maybe the ex''s death caught me more than I thought, I don''t know. CS, any ideas?

BT, I am so pleased that you failed to harm yourself. I remember we have been through this territory before, and you found a way through that led to a better phase of life, and this can happen again. I'm not sure about the legal position about the theft of ashes, but it's a most peculiar thing for the woman to do. The giing away of the puppy, too, suggests a meddling person with little idea of how to actually be helpful. I wonder what their motivation is, if they are telling untrue stories about you - how does it benefit them ?
Maybe, as you say, you were more affected by your ex's death than you thought, and destabilized by that. But you need to continue to work closely with a good local shrink to work your way out of this.
It's tempting to say the ungrateful and problem-causing tenants should leave, but as one can assume they would make maximum trouble over this, you might want to check out the legal position on this to be sure you can act effectively

1