Question
Posted by: Angry | 2007/03/02

some people should not breed

I saw a woman dropping off her identical twin girls at pre school this morning -- 6:45 - no one there -- so she sat on her fat butt in the car while these little kids that looked about 3 climbed out, went into the school grounds and climbed up the steps. She drove off. No one there yet but she did not care!

If I were able to I would have dragged her out her shiney car and beaten her with a very blunt object!

I understand your anger, though the action that tempted you, would hardly have brought happiness to the twins

5
Posted by: H25 | 2007/03/04

I agree with Shae, it's highly irresponsible and negligent for the mother to leave 3 year olds on their own on school grounds without visible staff present. Does the husband/father know that this is happening, and is the school aware of this? Saying she may be a single parent is NO excuse whatsoever and in no way justifies this type of behaviour. There are plenty of single moms who deliver toddlers (much younger than these kids) responsibly to their teacher/classroom. Surely this is far too early to be dropping off kids this young? I wouldn't have thought creche/nursery/pre-school staff would be expected to be on duty before 07:30 or 07:00 at the earliest, considering many are expected to work late in the afternoon, unless special arrangements have been made with the school for children to be dropped of early. It is clearly obvious in this case that the parent couldn't care less whether any school staff were already on the property when she "gets rid" of her daughters. This is no way to treat one's children and if Angry has a child or children at the same school, she should consider bringing up the matter with their teacher. These twins' safety could be at risk, something which the mother doesn't seem to care "2 hoots" about. Appalling.

Reply to H25
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/04

Yes Shae I agree with you but what is the point of getting angry and upset about these poor kids - rather act by introducing yourself to the mother, telling her you are worried about her kids and asking what you can do to help the situation. An individual can very easily change the situation so that the kids are safe. If the mother's reaction is aggresive then tell her you will complain to the school - Wouldn't the preschool be concerned and want to know what is happening - getting angry doesn't help anyone least of all those very young kids. Maybe angry would feel better if he/she took some action about the matter.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Shae | 2007/03/02

Britty, im sorry, but in this day and age no parent can afford to leave their kids ESPECIALLY 3 YEAR OLDS alone and unattended. If these kids were to dissapear, what then, she cries long crocodile tears saying i dont know how this happened. No no, its negligence, thats how.

Reply to Shae
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/02

Perhaps she has no choice - maybe there is no-one else to do it for her. If she is a single mother maybe you could help by offering to lift her kids - sometimes others actions are more understandable when know them. Its nice that you care about kids to notice what she was doing though.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Shae | 2007/03/02

Yip. And when these people are driving with their kids standing in the front seat. I chased after a car once because his kid was standing in the back seat and the back door was unlocked and not closed properly. I was waving at him like a lunetic ti get his attention and finally he realised what i was saying and pulled cosed the door properly.

Dont even get me startd on when they let the kids cross the road without checking for cars, the parent just steps in fron of you, baby in hand and five kids trailing behind.

Reply to Shae