Question
Posted by: ?? | 2007/12/07

SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT ASHAMED!

From: Clifford Syster

Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 3:55 PM

Subject: FW: 5FM DJ CONTACT

Kind regards

Rochnee Badenhorst

Hi All

See mails below re: Gareth Cliff (5fm DJ and idols judge)

Hi everyone,

Can we please draw up a petition that Gareth Cliff publicly apologises for offending listeners or resigns failing that we will stop supporting 5fm and stop listening to the show completely.

If we managed to get the "Satanism promoter" to leave Rapport I am sure we can get the desired effect with Gareth Cliff

Please put your name at the bottom of this e-mail and forward every 100 names to tanyalATirsttechDOTcoDOTza

I will be sending all the names of all the listeners that feel the same to Broad Casting Complaints SA

I attach my response to the reply he sent to Gerda-Mari Povey.

Let's show Gareth how "petty" God's people can be.

Dear Gareth,
Your comments of this morning claiming that God wants to be petty and your subsequent reply to a listener that God, the tooth fairy and farther Christmas doesn't exist is circulating Gauteng and just shows how much rubbish you sprout.
I can still understand the tooth fairy and farther Christmas but to publicly deny the existence of God is offensive.
It will be my pleasure to show you how petty God's people can be

Thanks,

Tanya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Van Loggerenberg, Andrea [mailto:AVanLoggerenbergATfnbDOTcoDOTza]
Sent: 03 December 2007 11:00 AM
Subject: FW: 5FM DJ CONTACT

Hi julle oukies. Gareth Cliff het vanoggend op sy show gese “If God wants to be petty leave Him to be petty” . Ek wil net vir julle wys wat hy aan my terug gemail het toe ek vir hom vanoggend gemail het om te se dat God nie petty is nie. Wil graag weet wat julle hiervan dink. En stuur dit gerus aan alle 5fm luisteraars. Ek glo my God is groot, Hy leef en ek voel jammer vir Gareth Cliff wat obviously dink hy is groter as God. Ek merk my mail groen en syne rooi sodat julle dit beter kan lees.

Groete,

Gerda-Mari Povey
Barloworld Motor (Pty) Ltd. t/a
Club Motors Pretoria
BMW Approved Repair Centre
MINI Approved Repair Centre

Tel: +27 (12) 335-2522
Cell: +27 73 641-4078
Fax: 0866 337-873
This message may contain attachments in Adobe Acrobat format. This E-mail message and its attachments are subject to the

From: Gareth Cliff [mailto:gcliffATmwebDOTcoDOTza]
Sent: 29 November 2007 08:27 AM
To: gerda.poveyATbarloworldmotorDOTcom
Subject: Re: 5FM DJ CONTACT

Stop sprouting nonsense. There is no god. There is no tooth fairy and there is no Father Christmas

----- Original Message -----

From: gerdaDOTpoveyATbarloworldmotorDOTcom

To: garethAT5fmDOTcoDOTza

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:17 AM

Subject: 5FM DJ CONTACT

New 5fm Web Contact Email

Name: gerda
Subject: your show this morning

Message:
You know what Gareth i love your show but this morning u shocked me!!!! just wanted to say, God is not petty!!!!! I pray that something drastic will happen in your life, that will allow you to experience the loving kindness and mercy of God and witness the power of His greatness so that you too can learn to fear our creator and talk of him only with respect. It is then that you will understand that our Heavenly Father can never be petty, and that it proves to be true that those who take His name in vain will not go unpunished. I will also pray that God will forgive you for belittling Him in front of his children.

What am I supposed to do about this ? It seems that Gareth was tactless and thoughtless, but I don't understand the sense of people trying to make such a gigantic issue out of this and apparently, from these comments, trying to prove that they are indeed as petty as he may have thought. And its not as though he renamed anyone's teddybears

5
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/12/07

I agree with AFTO, but with all the petitions making rounds these days, I hardly ever sign a petition. People don't take it seriously anymore.

I never listen to 5fm, shitty comments and shitty music.

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: AFTO | 2007/12/07

I think that christians are far too lenient on those that mess around with their religion.

No-one stuffs around with Islam because, before you can count how many effs there are in blasphemy, a moslem will personally deliver a scud missile up your rear end for your exclusive and personal use.

If Gareth is an atheist - as is his right to be - then he should leave all religions alone and not disrespect either those that believe in them or the religions themsleves.

Kick his insolent arse. Hard.

Reply to AFTO
Posted by: mom | 2007/12/07

My son knows Gareth personally, he is a very nice guy!

Reply to mom
Posted by: Villian | 2007/12/07

I heard the show and what Gareth said, it has been taken totally out of context! To whoever posted this crap, get a life. Stop being so overly sensitive.

Reply to Villian
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/07

Well said CS!

If you don't like what Gareth Cliff says then you can stop listening. Its easy, there is a turn off button or switch stations!
Its called sensationalism! You know what God means different things to different people. If you are upset then its your problem.
Who cares! This is not the forum to post all this nonsense!

Reply to anon