Posted by: anon 20 | 2009/03/31

some advice

Hi there,

i was wondering if anyone can help me, i have been suffering from depression for 4 years now and find it hard to stay on my meds, i dont have R450 every week to see a pshycologist but i do need help from a professional, is it possible for somone to get counseling for alot cheaper from a really good counsellor

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Check with the Aniety/Depression support group ( number on this page ) --- such a free support grAnd indeed Lifeline may be able to recommend, as could the support group, some lower cost counsellors who could help, toooup could help you stay motivated to stay with your treatment ( pills still in the bottle are always ineffective ).

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Candice | 2009/03/31

church councellor perhaps? they dont charge.

Reply to Candice
Posted by: Liza | 2009/03/31

Depending on your location, there might be state options that you could consider. Call Lifeline or the Depression and Anxiety Group helpline. They will be able to help you with options close to you.

Good luck

Reply to Liza

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.