Question
Posted by: Luxolo, Placky, Busie, Lundi | 2007/05/16

Solution for constipation during pregnan

I am a young pregnant women(age 22) who is expecting my first child, I just have this very serious constipation problem, which is really making me uncomfortable. I always try to get advice from other people, but i keep getting different and sometimes opposite suggestions. I know its pretty normal for a pregnant women to constipate, all i want to know is what is the right diet i should follow, and if there's something i can do without consulting the doctor??

Kind Regards,

Luxolo

Try eating lots of bran, fruit, brown bread. If you need to you can use Senokot.

1
Posted by: angela | 2007/05/16

I drank lots of water, about 2 litres a day and never missed All Bran flakes or Weet Bix for breakfast - no white bread. I also ate lots of fruit and wouldn't go a day without a banana. I never had constipation problems throughout my pregnancy.

Reply to angela