Question
Posted by: Sally | 2004/11/23

Soldering wire

My hobby is decorating cutlery with soldering wire (solid core).

I want to know if the soldering wire is toxic.

Sally, I suppose overexposure to lead/tin can cause serious problems, but I don’t know how much you’re exposed to. The best would probably be ask your doctor to draw blood and make sure that you’re OK. Good luck.

1
Posted by: ROZ | 2004/11/25

HI. I also did that for a while. Look out for a soldering wire that have a labe that says "lead free". A Little more expensive but you can find it at the most hardware stores or ask them to order it for you. Much safer for you and the person who is going to use the cutlery.

Reply to ROZ