Question
Posted by: Hennie | 2005/07/18

Soft tissue injury

I injured my knee in 1999 while I was in GR.9 playing rugby. The doctor told me it was a soft tissue injury. I went for physio but it had no effect on the knee, my knee was still weak. The doctor then sent me to Biocentics for 6 weeks. This had a drastic effect and the weaker leg was then stronger the other leg after that six weeks. The problem I'm having is this seems to be a reccuring injury and I don't know what to do keep my leg strong and keep the injury away for good. I go to gym 5 times a week and it does seem to help.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Hennie

I’m glad to hear that you went through the proper phases of rehabilitation. It seems that you are on the right track to a very good recovery. As with many athletes in your situation, recurrence of the injury is a main concern. That’s why it’s very important to go to your biokineticist for a reevaluation to determine if you have any deficits that might contribute to the recurrence of your injury. These contributing factors might include: proprioception, balance, joint stability, muscle strength & eccentric control and muscle imbalances. You would then get an exercise program to address any deficits you might have. Once you have achieved sufficient levels of strength, flexibility, proprioception, etc. it is important to go on some sort of maintenance program, also prescribed by your biokineticist.

6

Touchè, you are little boy.

Posted by: Hennie | 2005/07/22

Look around on the site for exercise programs.

Reply to Hennie
Posted by: gary | 2005/07/22

Gym is exercise and it depends on what you want to exercise? Look around on fitness on this site. They have really great tips.

Reply to gary
Posted by: Jenny | 2005/07/22

O do you have only one brother. Do you want to play for a team? Are you good at rugby?

And what other exercise can i do in the gym?

Reply to Jenny
Posted by: Hennie | 2005/07/21

Yes I played rugby. I've been playing rugby since before I went to school. I like gymming, I go with my brother. Best leg excersises are Leg press, leg extension, leg curl etc.

The reason why I'm asking for help is because I want to start playing rugby again next year.

Reply to Hennie
Posted by: jenny | 2005/07/21

Dear Hennie, did you play rugby, what kind of rugby? Is it nice to gym and do you enjoy it with someone else? Or do you go alone?

What is the best exercise for gym?How do you get fit.

Reply to jenny