Question
Posted by: zeerah | 2008/08/05

soft drinks

hi. im 30 weeks pregnant and wanted to know if its worth it consuming soft drinks thrice a day for three days.lately i crave a lot of soft drinks but do drink my 6 glasses of water a day, i only wanted to know if this will harm my baby as im not too sure whether what im doing is rite or wrong. Zeerah

Dear Zeerah

It is unlikely that the soft drinks will have any short term or long-term effect on the pregnancy or the foetus. However if you have gestational diabetes or are prone to such then I would advise you to refrain.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim