Posted by: LoCaLNuTTa | 2008/07/03

Social Phobia or Anxiety

Hi Doctor,

A few years ago I started seeing a psychologist who told me I had this disorder and prescribed Cilift. I used this for about a month and didn't notice any change in my condition. Was this period of use to short to notice any change. I stopped using this and thought I could deal with the issue on my own seeing as it is all in my head. I've come to a point now where I know that this is not possible. Do I have to see another psychologist or can I just start using Cilift again without the help of a psychologist if it wasn't used correctly the first time. Would the pharmacist be able to help me with a safe dosage?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

OK, if he prescribed anything, he would have been a psychiatrist ( thus medially qualified ). Cilift can help SAD, but needs to be taken for longer. YOu can only get a prescription for CIlift or any other significant drug, from a doctor like a GP or Psychiatrist.
But check with the Anxiety/Depression Support Group ( number on this page ) as they could help you to find a psychologist who can provide Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which is a very effective talking therapy for social anxiety and other anxiety disorders

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.