Question
Posted by: Stacey-Lee | 2004/10/20

Social Phobia Help

I have read hundreds of articles as to the kinds of help you should get for Social Phobia, but I still ave yet to find WHEREI can get this type of help. I am interested in particular in Social Skills Training. Is there such a thing in South Africa? It would be nice to provided contacts. If someone could mail me I would appreciate it.! Thanks Stacey

I understand what you want, and wish I had it. because the old Medical Council and new Health Professions Council made every ghealth professional unduly paranoid about "advertising" they're secretive about what they actually do and provide, and also they move, shift, so nobody seems to have a listing of who is where and doing what. As Shaun suggests, do a good ananzi or google search and see what you turn up.
And I am presently reviewing some excellent books about dealing with low self-esteem, and with social anxiety / shyness, and hope soon to have the reviews within this section of our site, and wth a link to enable easy purchases of them !

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/20

Hi Stacey-Lee,

Yes there are. Have you tried your search on Google or Ananzi? I just tried Google & got about 834000 hits...
Sometimes these things are even advertised on tv if I remember correctly.
Oh & I think there was a questionnaire on being social on yesterdays hi-lites on this site.

Good luck,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun