Question
Posted by: ament | 2006/10/26

Social anxiety disorder

I am taking cipralex for the past 8 weeks and i have been diagonosed with GAD and Social axiety disorder. I would like to know how am i suposse to feel after taking antidepressants what effek should i feel. Do not know if it is working???

Your doc didn't do his job properly ( though I guess he was happy to accept payment for it ) if he didn't get round to explaining this to you. After 8 weeks, the benefits ought to be obvious --- significantly fewer symptoms of anxiety ot social anxiety. If these haven't changed noticeably, the drug is not useful, and CBT counslling would have been far more effective within this amount of time.

1
Posted by: peachia | 2006/11/09

I'm not sure if I really has social axiety or I'm just being extremely shy. At social events I'm normal but those usually do have alcohol involved. Most problems I have is at school. I would like to finally finish but I will not take certain classes that involve public speaking. In situations where I absolutely have not choice but to say something publically I would experiance flue like symthoms. Please sent advice on TX.

Reply to peachia