Posted by: D | 2004/12/10

social anxiety

Hi Doc. Is there a medication that you can take for social anxiety, stress, general anxiety and mood swings. I lost my b/f over these issues, so it is starting to influence my life.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Hi D,
Yes, there are medications which can help this bundle of problems, usually very successfully. They're only available on prescription, so you'd need to see a psychiatrist for them, which is the best way, to get a proper assessment, confirmation of the diagnosis, and a discussion of your treatment options.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: mike | 2004/12/10

I have Social Anxiety Disorder, and I am using medication for it.

I have only been on the meds for about 2 months....i do feel a lot better....although....last night i thought i'd go to Tygervalley with a friend. We went and I almost had a mental breakdown.

There was so many people.....i got so anxious and paranoid and freaked out by all the people....i wanted to RUN AWAY from all of them. I thought I'd be able to handle the situation.....maybe not just yet

Reply to mike
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/10

Hi D,

Although I'm no doc, there is medication that you can take for what you described above. The best way to get hold of this medication though is to see a shrink so that you can work through these issues & get direct treatment, & maybe medication as well.


Reply to Shaun

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.