Question
Posted by: D | 2004/12/10

social anxiety

Hi Doc. Is there a medication that you can take for social anxiety, stress, general anxiety and mood swings. I lost my b/f over these issues, so it is starting to influence my life.

Hi D,
Yes, there are medications which can help this bundle of problems, usually very successfully. They're only available on prescription, so you'd need to see a psychiatrist for them, which is the best way, to get a proper assessment, confirmation of the diagnosis, and a discussion of your treatment options.

2
Posted by: mike | 2004/12/10

I have Social Anxiety Disorder, and I am using medication for it.

I have only been on the meds for about 2 months....i do feel a lot better....although....last night i thought i'd go to Tygervalley with a friend. We went and I almost had a mental breakdown.

There was so many people.....i got so anxious and paranoid and freaked out by all the people....i wanted to RUN AWAY from all of them. I thought I'd be able to handle the situation.....maybe not just yet

Reply to mike
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/10

Hi D,

Although I'm no doc, there is medication that you can take for what you described above. The best way to get hold of this medication though is to see a shrink so that you can work through these issues & get direct treatment, & maybe medication as well.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun