Question
Posted by: whatever | 2007/06/06

SO WHAT NOW?

Ok, so I went for an interview today and it really went well. I'm not reeeaaaalllyyyy looking for another job, heard about the position and was keen to send my CV. Cause there's just so much politics here.....

SO during the interview I obviously didn't want to express my dissatisfaction when they went through the exact job spec so didn't say anything. BUT now I think I might get it, and what do I say to them? Sorry, change of heart?

AND the most NB question: do I tell my current emplyer that I had another offer and what they offered financially? Or do I just keep quiet?

If you're not reeeeaaalllyyy looking for another job, whey were you "keen" to send your CV ? To see if you stacked up to the available competition ? Its hard to answer, because its so unclear what actually you wanted or want. WAS this intended to get a better offer and use it to entice your present employer to offer to pay you more ? Or to have an opportunity to leave this place with the "politics" you don't like ? DO I gather that you were somehow dissatisfied with the job spec of the new job, but didn't tell them at the time ? Why not ? Why refuse to tell them you don't like aspects of the job, so as to encourage them to offer you a job you don't want ?
As we say in the trade, if you don't know where you're going, pretty well any road will lead you there.

3
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/06

Off course you should tell your employer, silly! It just landed my hubby a nice fat increase. Oh, but be sure they apreciate you for workind hard, fast and accurately, otherwise they might be happy to see you go. And if you get the job, you can 'just say no', just like with anything in life. Or are you the kind that will take the drugs because you wouldn't wanna hurt anyone's feelings?

Reply to C.
Posted by: Ness | 2007/06/06

Ok ok I'll give you my two cents worth. Companies are used to all this, long gone are they days that they expected loyality etc. We work for money, if they want loyalty they can have my dog (as long as they don't mind losing the odd shoe)... Anyways.. if you like the job and you want the job... take the job. If you current employer asks what the package is .. tell him... he will either counter off (better the devil you know) ... you get a nice pay increase and bobs your uncle or he will say thanks for your hard work goodbye and the you have a nice new job to sink your teeth int. CAPEESH

Reply to Ness
Posted by: JP | 2007/06/06

You keep quite... Cause they will just make it difficult for you, and will not offer you more to stay!

Reply to JP