Question
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/24

So tired of everything...

Hi there. I don't know what to do these days, really. I just feel so gross. I've put on 5 kg's, my skin has broken out on my face and my chest and my upper back (in a way thats never happened before), my gums are really sensitive and bleed easily and i'm just on the edge, and I've been having weird pains in my body! I hate work, I'm so so unhappy there, my sisters in rehab again for annorexia & bulemia and I'm so frustrated with my body and relationships and my future! I'm desperate to lose weight, and get active and find something I really enjoy doing, I eat healthily so i dunno why im picking up weight. I dance once a week but thats not enough. I wanted to au pair next year but im not sure if i should. Theres more to life than this! I need to spread my wings and fly, and break free of the normal mundane existence that i lead. And I can't stop worrying all the time! I can't stop thinking and worrying, i do it continuously! What can i do! I just feel so lost and awful at the moment, and so completely bombarded with everything. Please help!!!

Well, Rene, you're right that there's more to life than this, and it's your task to find the best way to get there from here. Eating disorders can run in a family, even if they show themselves in a milder form in some family members than others. Sounds like you may not be eating as balanced a diet as you thinh, and may benefit from a general medical checkup, physically, and maybe even consider asking to see one of the doc's at the place where your sister is in rehab for her anorexia/bulimia. Counselling and advice on the best balance of diet and exercise could help you to get free from worring about all,this, and then soar....

3
Posted by: Rene | 2004/10/26

Thanks all, I really appreciate the advice. Its hard being 20,theres just so much to confuse a person!

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Amy | 2004/10/25

I have a freind that went to Engeland to be a nanny, she really enjoyed it. She told me that if I wanted to go I musn't Au Pair they does'nt make that much money. You must be a nanny then you just look after the kinds andthey get paid well. What you get for been an au pair a week is what you get to be a nanny in a day.

Reply to Amy
Posted by: HF | 2004/10/25

Have you maybe tried some vitamin supplementation - a general multi-vitamin and an additional Vit. E and B.
You sound so stressed, and let me tell you, Vit. B helps so much, the only thing is that you need to take it on a regular basis. Just try it, you've got nothing to lose.
And of course the exercise factor - there's nothing like endorphins to pick you up.
I can relate, my stress levels sometimes go through the roof, but just try these and you will get there - just focus on solutions.
Good luck sweetie!

Reply to HF