Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2005/12/08

So sad today

Hi guys,

This morning I heard Eva Cassidy's song bird on the radio, its the song my brothers friend that died in the accident they were ins, mom played at his funeral. I am so sad for that family, esp at this time of the year. He was only 19 years old. My brother was lucky enough to survive, but was in hospital for a couple of weeks. I just kept thinking it could have been him, it could have been him.

I just remember how broken his mom was at the funeral.

How does a mother and father recover from something like that? His older brother was driving the car the were in, he wasn't injured.

Sorry to dump this bad stuff on you guys, just a bit sad today. :=(

BY all means share your feelings here, Ruby. All such events are sad, and their anniversaries tend to be sadly remembered. But rather than simply recalling in sadness those we have lost, remember with joy all the good parts of their lives, and the fact that others survived.

5
Posted by: Nuts | 2005/12/08

Relax Cybershrink

Reply to Nuts
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/08

Maybe your boet has a photo of his friend and you two can go off and choose a nice frame, put the pic in - get a nice card and give it to the parents for a Christmas gift. When I lost my best friend (her 8 year old sister had died also in an accident 8 months prior) I did this for the parents and they really needed that acknowledgement of the LIFE that their child had lived. They feel so isolated and by just doing this small thing can mean the world of difference in a very dark time in their lives. By doing something for their pain, you in return will feel less helpless.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Jade | 2005/12/08

The first Christmas, Easter, Birthday, its all extra hard & will be thinking of you.

My brother was also in a serious car accident in '94. My cousin was killed and my other cousin was driving (his brother). My brother still feels bad cos he swopt places with the friend on the back seat who also died in the accident. Could have been him.

Its so sad when things like this happen. Thinking of you.

Reply to Jade
Posted by: Ruby | 2005/12/08

Thank you Zee zee. It was only a couple of months ago, and this is the first christmas.

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/08

Morning Ruby

It is such a sad story and my heart goes out to you and that family.

Reply to ZeeZee