Question
Posted by: Melo | 2007/05/04

So sad to be the Barren one

My younger sister is pregnant,my senior sister too and i'm still struggling to conceive.
They haven't inform about it,my brother told me.there will be lobola negotiations in three weeks'time that will be the first time i see their preggies.
not sure what i to say to them ..congratulations..or what.not sure why are they keeping a secret about their preggies.
though i know that they don't trust anyone beliive in witchcraft,and one act you are the suspect.then how do i guard myself from what i say or do to them.
i'm coping very well with my infertility though i must admit seeing or hearing that the someone is preggy can be touchy but only for that period.
from there it doesn't bother me,so for my sisters how do i handle the situation without hurting them?

,,,,,

4
Posted by: Britty | 2007/05/04

Perhaps your sisters have not said anything as they don't want to hurt you.

Why don't you contact them, telling them how happy you are for them and that you will be there for them and their children. Maybe they will feel more comfortable if you show them how much you love them and their unborn children. Take care.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Maria | 2007/05/04

Sometimes a sister who do not have children are a blessing to sisters with children, as she can be very helpful in bringing up the children, and the children often form a very close relationship with their aunt.
However, that is not to say you will never have children of your own - everything happens in its own time.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Melo | 2007/05/04

If only you could see me how relieved iam due to you response "Me".
more especially the Abram and Sarah part.
That reminds me of Hannah too Samuel's mother,anyway i know Jehovah is there watching and hearing me and one day He will answer me.if not that will be a blessing of its kind.

Reply to Melo
Posted by: Me | 2007/05/04

sorry to hear this my sister but it is so true that everything happens for a reason. I have a friend who died after the delivery of her baby due to complications, everyone was shocked and her husband was traumatised! Pregnancy is a huge risk and a lot of people don't realise that! The husband kept on saying that only had they known that having a child would take away his wife - they wouldn't have conceived. So i guess that God knows why you aren't able to have a child! I know that every woman wants to proove their womanhood by bearing a child, but think about it in this way - how many women are out there that choose not to have children and still lead a happy life? Just focus on your blessings and enjoy each and every single day as it comes and besides maybe you still will have a child - just be patient! Take the story of Abraham and Sarah in the Bible - they were very old when they had their child, so don't give up - not yet!! and with regards to your sisters, just treat them with extra care you know as though they are eggs, do everything for them and they will see that you know and they will spill the beans and besides they are your sisters - sisters talk about everything really now. But please do not let this get to your head!!! You are healthy and you have your life - celebrate it girl...

Reply to Me