Question
Posted by: Lee | 2003/12/09

so many depression symptons

i have suffered from depression on and off for years. am currently on aropax and have been for almost 2 years. have been to a therapist for most of this year but do not feel i am being helped. i am not suicidal but am starting to feel that is simply cannot cope. my biggest worry is my lack of compassion and tolerance towards my 2 children aged 3 and 5 and my husband as well. i seem to be going through the motions oh she hurt her self is it bleeding or broken - no - then piss off - i know that i should be giving a hug and kissing it better but why should i. i don't remember what i used to do for fun and can't seem to finish stuff i have started. i want to lose weight i am not happy with the way i look and in the next breath i'm eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon where too from here - my husband seems to think these feelings are an excuse to "do nothing" everything i do takes so much effort and my routine is all important to my day getting done - and i feel that my kids are being brought up by a seargant commander as all i do is bark commands and run by schedules to get stuff done no fun not in my house it just doesn't work that way too messy. i could fill a book and have written this stuff down so many times

Dear Lee,
It really sounds as if something isn't working well in your sesions with your therapist. Are you telling him/her all these details of the annoyances and frustrations in your life ? If so, and if the subsequent discussions are frustrating and not achieving results, maybe a different therapist could help more ? Have you discussed with your therapist the fact that you are disappointed with the results, and don't feel that you're achieving much on these target symptoms ?

1
Posted by: Lee | 2003/12/09

yes I have told her that I feel we are getting no where. I have been told that there is no quick fix and I certainly don't expect one, what I do expect is more pro active help perhaps even behaviour therapy. I am told that "bing put into a box" is not what she likes doing, I think at this stage getting a you are this and this is how we are going to treat that, is what Need right now. I have no idea where to find another phycologist. We are moving home at the moment and I am hoping I will find somebody more understanding in that area (Hillcrest).

Reply to Lee