Question
Posted by: lonely | 2004/10/14

SO LONELY! WHAT TO DO?!

Hi, I recently came out of a four year relationship. I thought we were happy until one day he dropped me off for work and that was the last I heard from him. I had a miscarriage a year ago which changed everything but our love was still strong for each other. I have tried everything to get hold of him but his family only feed me lies. It has been three months since Ive heard from him. I am being strong and have somewhat gotten over him. However, what is getting to me is the unbearable feeling of LONELINESS! I have no friends to socialise with and am quite introverted. How do I get myself out of this slump. My attitude toward life (not promising) is affecting my carreer, personal and family life. PLEASE HELP!

What he did was viciously cruel, so despite your feelings of continuing love for this heel, you don't need him back. and I agree with the other comments, from Sweetcakes and Always b positive !

3
Posted by: venus101 | 2004/10/19

Oh my angel. We all are lonely sometime or the other in our lives. I got divorced 3 years ago(have two children, son lives with his father, my daughters with me). I also, had cancer whilst going through my divorce. I've being on and off with boyfriends (that's NOT the answer).
Re-discover yourself FIRST. Become active whether it be in a gym, church, go to a coffee bar (yes sit alone and enjoy your own company).
Forget about the past (the assehole), learn NEW and INTEREST hobbies, find/seek a mentor (Theodore Roseveldt is mine, study and do research).
Read positive books e.g. Success is a CHOICE by R Pitino.
Most importantly get in touch with your religion, seek the face of God, build a SECURE and STRONG relationship with Him.
Create affirmations that your recollect in your mind continually : I AM A HAPPY PERSON, I HAVE A LIFE FULL OF ADVENTURE JUST WAITING FOR ME!!!

God bless

Reply to venus101
Posted by: Always b positive ! | 2004/10/14

Heres what to do...

You must realise that you have so much to offer this world and that you may be lonely right now ...but

Take this time for beginings, change is always good, scary but GOOD! You need to start getting involed in hobbies, meet people and start filing your life up with happy, positive things and you will soon look back at this time as a learning experience.

One way of meeting & making genuine loyal friends is to join a church, sounds funny but its true. Most of my BEST friends are from cell groups at church and you dont have to worry about being shy, they will welcome you in! I met my husband though church and he's awesome! Go on try some thing new ..you may be very very surprised who knows maybe your future husband is there waiting to meet you!

LIfe is too short to dwell on things, so make the most of it and remember its a choice...YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BE SAD AND LONLEY or YOU CAN START TODAY BY RETHINKING A FEW THINGS IN YOUR LIFE...

Reply to Always b positive !
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/10/14

if i was you i'd spend time with family, if you have family members your age, why don't you go out and "party" and you can meet new people, that was always the nicest thing, going out and meeting new people, i was always an introvert, once you start realising things and coming out of your shell, it's alot of fun. good luck and enjoy!

Reply to sweetcakes