Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/04/03

So Depressed

I just feel like i want to crawl into a ball and never wake up, and im inly 23.I cant supoort my mom, and had to take her to a homless shelter yeaterday, thank god it is a decent place concidering wher she was, but it doesnt feel right, I come from childrens homes, and from a sexually abused past, and am feeling at the moment like what is the point to life, I have tried to kill myself so many time, never worked, thought id gotten past that stage in my life, but now its all that i can think about. I used to be on anti depresants, refuse to go back on them, but need something to calm me down. Maybe life is just getting me down, and il feel better i dono, im just sooo sad,cant cry, because i get crapped on, always being told theres always something wrong with me. whats going on???

Hello Me,
Do call Lifeline ( number provided on this page ) to talk through this, and explore alternatives. Check out possibilities for free or low-cost counselling, to help you further. You don't mention why you "refuse" to go back on antidepresants, so I'm no sure why that, of various alternatives, should be ruled out. A skilled counselor can help you readily learn how to calm yourself down, without using chemicals. And such a counsellor can also help you to improve your coping skills ( sounds like you've already coped with many burdens in life so far ) and to handle the current challenges as well as possible.