Posted by: another woman | 2005/07/28

so called step-relations

My parents divorced in 1991, although they separarted in 1986 when i was 10. Eversince the divorce we have been staying away from my father with my mother due to relocation. She was very strong about the separation and i was very proud of her until for the past five years. We all went to tertiary except my younger brother who is still ih high school and very depressed.

While i was still in varsity my mother started going out with some guy whom i will name Media for the sake of this communication.Somehow i always had a very bad vibe about Media although i did not necessarily make a hype about it. At that stage my mother was still intact with herself so much couldn't be revealed to an unsuspecting eye.

To cut a long story short, Media does not work and my mom is, he has a car and mother doesn't have a car. However my mother decided to be so much inlove with media and has therefore taken a whole lot of responsibility with reagard to Media, his car, his children and relatives. Because she does not earn a million a month, she got to a stage where she decided to prioritise her affection with Media and in return she forgot about my younger brother.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

It's serious and highly improper for yopur mother to feel she has to give priority to this worthless bum, in preference to her own son. I wonder whether the CHild Welfare authorities might be interested, if she is neglecting him ? And if your mother has been using her son's bank card and money, I'd think of reporting this to the police as theft. To further help your brother, as Classic suggests, give him things he needs, rather than the cash, and maybe arrange with a bank for another account for him, maybe one of the new special low-cost accounts, to which only he can have access.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: another woman | 2005/08/01

I believe i need to see a counsellor, can you recommend a good one around Gauteng-Midrand/Kyalami area

Reply to another woman
Posted by: Classic | 2005/07/29

Why not buy the stuff yourself and send it to your younger brother, or maybe deposit the monies into a relatives account and notify them as to the reasons, this way your mom has no hold on the monies.
Your mother thinks she loves this guy, in turn she is actually being a suga mom, he is just there to gain, she'll only realise it when it's too, by then her children will have lost all respect for her.
Once Media can't get to suck her dry he'll bolt out of there like a horse out of its pen..
No use speaking to your mom, right now her wants come first.

Reply to Classic
Posted by: another woman(continuation) | 2005/07/29

Due to her expenditure she has now forgotten that my younger brother exists, and has thus neglected him. Since i am working i picked this issue up and decided that i should send my brother money every month to sustain him as my mother couldn't. Only to find out this year that Media and my mom had long taken my brother's bank card and for more than six months they have been using that money. I am very disgusted by the whole thing.
I have lost so much respesct for my mother and do not know what to do.

Reply to another woman(continuation)

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.