Question
Posted by: Jon | 2006/10/31

Snot

I hope you can shed some light on the "problem" I have.
Lately, I constantly have phlegm in my throat and boogers in my nose. Why is this and what is causing it? I've not been ill or fluey. The only thing I'm doing more than ever is excercising vigorously and working out 5 times a week.

Dear Jon
Phlegm in the throat, nose and lungs are formed by the body to clean out the said organs - you may have an allergy, or due to the place you are exercising, breathing in dirty air, or if you smoked, it may be the body's way of getting rid of toxins. You could have a low grade cold too due to the stress you are putting on your immunesystem with the exercise programme.