Question
Posted by: TJ | 2004/02/04

Snorring in Woman

Hello
I have to admit that I am a snorrer. I need help. It hasn't been a problem before ....seeing I can't hear myself but it is now putting strain on my relationship as he is not getting the sleep he needs. What can I do about this or is there a product out there to help me or will I have to have a operation? Normally when I go to sleep with a blocked nose or one side blocked then apparently I snorr badly and not just on my back as I sleep on my side or tummy.

Please help - urgent help!

TJ, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first. It all depends on what the cause of your snoring is. Apart from obesity, almost all the reasons for snoring can be found in the nose, mouth, palate, throat and neck.
It might just be enlarged adenoids and removing them isn’t too much of a problem. Working on the soft palate or extensive nose surgery will of course be a much bigger operation. Your best option will be to go and see the ENT surgeon with a list of all your questions – they’re geared for these things and will also have much more insight into your problem. Good luck.

1
Posted by: TJ | 2004/02/06

How does obesity influence snorring? Please could you advise a good ENT in Johannesburg.

Reply to TJ