Posted by: Petro | 2010/01/10


Is there anything that can be done about snoring? My husband snores excessively and the result is that I am not getting enough sleep. I have tried sleeping in the spare room, but apart from it impacting very negatively on our marriage, it is very confusing for our 4 year old little boy. My husband suspects that he broke his nose as a child, which was never attended to. He has seen our GP twice about the problem, but she just thought it was very funny and keeps putting him on anti histamines which are not helping at all. In the mean time, I am losing 3 hours of sleep a night which I really, really need. I am constantly so tired that I don' t even want to get out of bed in the morning. In fact, I will stay there all day for a week if I did not have to work.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


There is a lot that can be done about his problem. You will have to consult a ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) specialist, for an examination, special tests, in order to have a proper diagnosis made, to treat the condition.

Refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about snoring:


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.