Posted by: Angie | 2009/02/17

Snake catcher

Dear Doc
My sister live on a small holding on the East Rand. Their one dog was bitten by a spit cobra and the other was spit in the eye. I am terrified that it might breed and/or bite my family. How do you go about dealing with such a wild animal? Where can we get hold of a snake catcher?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

Dear Angie

I would try and get hold of a snake person at a local zoo.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/24

Mike Perry is a loser

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: jax | 2009/02/18

Hi Angie,

- contact Mike Perry of African Reptiles &  Venom on 083 448 8854. He will be able to refer you to snake catchers in the area.
Your sister will need to have some idea of where on the smallholding the snakes are tho.


Reply to jax

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.