Question
Posted by: smoothies | 2005/01/06

smoothies or chew

when you make a smoothie with different fruits , is the absorbtion of vitamins etc by the body the same as when you only chew the fruit?

Dear Smoothies
I would think that the absorption would be enhanced because the plant cells have been ruptured mechanically and some of the vitamins and nutrients would already be in solution. Be careful though that you use the smoothy very quickly so that you don't lose vitamin C via oxidation which will also be enhanced because the vit C is more exposed to the oxygen in air than when you chew the fruit.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: Nick | 2005/01/07

I'm overweight with high cholesterol. I joined Sure slim to lose weight but they've put me on a high protein diet. 14 eggs a week and protein (meat or chicken) with every meal. Isn't this a disaster with high cholesterol and won't it badly affect my heart? both parents have had heart attacks.

is there anything one can do to reduce high cholesterol and unblock arteries?

Reply to Nick