Posted by: Smoking in the workplace | 2008/07/22

Smoking in the workplace

We are 3 people working in a small office (house). The only one smoking is the boss. He doesn' t care about us. We have asked him not to smoke in our offices but still he just carries on. The receptionist has " Asma"  and went to the doctor who issued a report. When she showed it to him he said that it can not be because of his smoking. He said that he will smoke in his office because each business is allowedt to have a smoking room. This is a small house with four rooms, can he use his office as a smoking room? Now the poor receptionist is getting it from him, everything is wrong..... What can she do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Dear Smoking in the workplace

in essence smoking in the workplace is not allowed and is illegal under labour Laws

Posted by: miaauw | 2009/01/16

How/where do I report smoking at my work?
The passive smoking at our offices is slowly but surely killing me. I' ve spoke to the MD, but didn' t seem to work

Reply to miaauw