Question
Posted by: zee | 2006/07/24

smoking in last trimester

hi. before i fell pregnant i was a smoker. i smoked on average about 5-6 cigarettes a day. when i fell pregnant i stopped smoking. i also had serious morning sickness which aided me to stop. now that im in my last trimester, all i crave for is to smoke. i have also succumed to that craving, and have smoked for the last week, a half a cig. each day.

i guess i kno what i need to do, but i guess that i need someone else to say it to me.

pls help as my craving is driving me up the wall, to the point that i have become really irritable and emotional!.

thanks

I think that you already know the answer.

1
Posted by: lulu | 2006/07/24

It's not good to smoke at all while you are pregnant.
My Step-son's mother smoked while she was pregnant and he was tiny, he was sick from the day he was born and is now hyperactive and can't concentrate.
My best friend smoked while she was pregnant and her son got severe bronchitis 2 days after he was born and had to be hospitalised they nearly lost him and now has asthma.

I quit the day i fell pregnant and my daughter is as healthy as can be.

Reply to lulu