Question
Posted by: robin | 2007/12/03

smoking

Ive been smoking for 4 years now - about 5-10 cigarettes a day and more on weekends. I am seriously considering quitting as i find my skintone very dull and grey. Is this a result of the smoking and if i do quit - how long before i will see an improvement in my skin?
Thank you for your time

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Robin, thank you for the question.

You have everything to gain by stopping smoking, and the benefits will not only be seen in the skin but with the rest of your body too. Smoking has been shown to constrict blood vessels and coupled with increasing free radicals, the damage to the skin will not only be limited to the dull skin tone you have noticed. So your best advice is to stop smoking, use a good SPF (must contain zinc and/or titanium), drink lots of water, and use a topical anti-oxidant with your moisturizer.

2
Posted by: Hello1234567891011121314151617 | 2008/01/23

Hello ho are you i am fine goodbye :)

Reply to Hello1234567891011121314151617
Posted by: Karen | 2007/12/03

DEFINATELY a result of smoking, once you stop and have a good skin care routine it will start to improve. Stop before you get the dreaded wrinkles all around the mouth from SMOKING and it looks awful !

Reply to Karen