Question
Posted by: Ex-Stuyvesant Smoker | 2003/12/09

Smoking

I have only smoked for a year and a month and have decided to quit as I want to concentrate on becoming fit and healthy. I have stopped for two days now, but my question is is that will it still take 15 years for my chances of lung cancer etc. to be reduced or are they still the same as a person who has smoked for a long time?

I was not a heavy smoker I only smoked 5 per day.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Don't worry, if you stop now you will not struggle with future problems. Amount of smoking - not severe!

Just start to do exercises and prioritize your health.

T

2
Posted by: Laura | 2005/01/25

i dont smoke but i breath it every day. my mother is an adicted. and at school the people often smoke in the front of the doors. so its like i was a second hand smoker. i hate it thow. she tried to cuit so many times but it never worked. she's scared of doing the lazer but me and my dad might bring her. soon they are going to put a low aperently. ferbiting smoking in bars and in restaurants. cant wait till they apply it.
i wish they'd pout it elegal

Reply to Laura
Posted by: Daleen | 2003/12/10

I quited smoking 3 years back and still the docter asked me if I am a smoker. My lungs made a whizzle sound.

I guess we don't notice how much damage we do to our bodies when smoking.

Make for yourself small targets. Like 1 week, then 1 month, then 3 months. You are on a good path by going already for 3 days. Don't let they tell you just one won't do harm!! Say NO! I QUITED!! Please go and smoke somewhere else. You will get cravings for sigarets but it is your choice to take an offer or not.

Please do a posting when you feel like a smoke, it will help you to read that others also encourage you!

Good luck.

Reply to Daleen