Question
Posted by: Anti-tobacco | 2007/03/20

Smoke on the Mountain!

Every time I go up Table Mountain I see stompies and often people smoking. Even the staff smoke on the road! What can we do about this?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Please phone Table Mountain National Park (021 701 8692) and complain. I've actually seen their staff smoking on the mountain itself, as well as on the road. Doesn't set a great example...

The road is the City of Cape Town's jurisdiction, and unfortunately people are allowed to smoke there - but absolutely not within the Park itself.

1
Posted by: Bushy | 2007/04/18

I live in Kloofzicht Kuilsriver since 2003, my house is Firstbrick built, the factory across the road is making a schoking smoke everyday as from 23h30 at night and many houses there are faded with smoke but as residence we don't know where to go for help. we only chat about this and is hazardous to us. Please advise.

Reply to Bushy